Sunday, January 15, 2012

Inspired

Today was an inspirational day for me: Dorian Flynn was back in town and he taught two lessons at church this Sunday. Along with the two lessons, we also had our annual chili cook off, which raises money for the organization "Partners 4 Africa" (started by Dorian and his wife, Cheri). We ended up raising 17,000 dollars to help build four (and money to start the next one) wells in Africa. Four wells changes four villages in ways we can't even comprehend here in America, where water is everywhere. In those villages are people, all with families and children, and every one of their lives are changed. I was touched when I saw Dorian's face after the announcement of the amount of money we collected was made; he was ecstatic. I got inspired. I want so badly to do something to help the cause, or a cause like it, and I know I can. I just have to remember to not get too ahead of myself, because if I go in many directions, I won't accomplish this goal. Like Dorian said this morning, I have to do one thing at a time, one day at a time. "An intelligent person aims at wise action, but a fool starts off in many directions." -Proverbs 17:24 So I have decided to just brainstorm for now: I'm going to gather information, figure out fundraising ideas and pray. Once I have a plan, I will talk to more people about it, in hopes of gaining support. 

No comments:

Post a Comment